As the music industry evolves, management companies are taking on more and more tasks for their artists. With that, the need to be agile and on the ball is greater than ever.
Managers and artists are creative visionaries who are always looking for the next big move. They should not have to be bogged down by the minutiae of day-to-day operations or chase teams to ensure plans are executed.
Positive Subversion is a GM, an assistant, and rolodex all rolled into one. With great communication skills and a solution-based outlook, we have the necessary knowhow to build and run a team of professionals and drive successful international campaigns.
How We Work
Our goal is to help artists retain control over their creative output by offering support in the day-to-day management of campaigns and projects, making it possible for you to focus on the bigger picture while we take care of the details and empowering you to make the right decisions to achieve success.
We connect the dots between all aspects of an artist’s career, whether it be keeping DSPs up to date on all developments to launching new product lines, creating a full representation of your artist’s revenue streams, gathering assets for campaigns to stock management.
Wherever you need support, you will have our resources at your fingertips.
How Can We Help?
- Finding a label service deal that works for your artist
- Data research on your artist and analyzing where there are opportunities for growth
- Creating marketing plans for music releases and / or project launches
- Coordinating logistics, including: creating campaign timelines; running communications with your label service partner, your PR team, and any other 3rd parties involved
- Creating, tracking, and reporting on campaign budgets
- Defining, monitoring and reporting sales targets
- Project managing digital marketing strategies
- Advising on international PR teams
- Booking out-of-house, print and online advertising
- Liaising with and pitching to DSPs
- Day-to-day running of campaign operations
- Assist on day-to-day needs for touring artists
- Overseeing manufacturing of any physical products and / or merch item
- Overseeing and reporting on international PR and marketing campaigns.
Who Are We?
Founded in 2020 by Siofra McComb (!K7, The Other Hand, and AIM board-member) and the senior management of Motive Unknown, Positive Subversion is a project management and consultancy company with a specialist understanding of the international music industry. We pride ourselves in having a nuanced sense of the individual needs of each label, and with a firm knowledge of innovation in digital marketing we can help devise overall strategies specific to the artists and labels in our care.
We have worked with internationally renowned labels such as Innovative Leisure, Mass Appeal, !K7, and on campaigns for artists such as Run The Jewels, DJ Shadow, BADBADNOTGOOD, Peggy Gou, Nick Waterhouse, and more.